The area's that we cover are: Marcellus, Onondaga Hill, Skaneateles, Otisco Lake Area, Some parts of Marietta, and Camillus, also some parts of RT20
There may be a mileage charge for some area's .58 per mile over the 10-mile radius I travel.
If you want to find out if we cover your area, give us a call 315-420-8848
· Walk the Dog Services has been in business for over 24 years. I hire no one. No strangers in your home.
· My name is Amy Kennedy and I am 58 years old and married. I have been doing animal care for a long time and have learned so many things along the way.
· I run a very professional business, with invoicing and several ways to pay your invoice.
· You can pay by check, cash, credit card, and even PayPal.
· And over those 24 years I have seen all sorts of pets: Dogs, Cats, Iguana's, Pot Belly pigs, All size birds, Turtles, Rabbits, Mice Snakes, Horses........and on and on. If you’re planning a trip away from home and you’re reading this, then odds are you are wrestling with a little bit of anxiety of whom are you going to have to look after your fur babies.
· Trust me, I’ve been there and I know how you feel.
· In fact, my own experiences in dealing with this for my dogs in the past were a struggle to find someone who I could trust.
· This is what inspired me to start my business, Walk the Dog Services.
· Walk the Dog Services offers an alternative to Kennel Care, in that the animals get to stay at home where they feel the most comfortable.
· Having a Pet Sitter will help the following:
· Possible reduced stress on pets because pets are cared for in their own homes. No "travel trauma" to pets because they do not need to be transported anywhere.
· Exposure to illnesses and parasites of other animals is minimized Required vaccinations are often less restrictive than those necessary at a kennel.
· Pets stay on their regular routines and do not need to adapt to a new environment.
· Not having to deal with neighbors, friends or family members feeling that they are inconvenienced.
· Benefits for Owner:
· Knowing that you’re pet is in caring, loving hands.
· Having the confidence that the pet sitter can deal with other issues - such as grooming visits, and vet visits.
· Eliminating the trauma of having to transport and leave your pet at a different location.
· Not having to impose on family, friends or neighbors.
· Feeling your home is more secure (with someone going in and out).
· The pet sitter is trained and has experienced in working with all types of your pets' personalities and will know how to tailor to your pet’s care based on their individual likes, dislikes, fears, and habits.
· Knows how to spot and avoid potentially dangerous situations, and can react quickly and effectively when necessary.
· Pet sitters develop a bond with the pets. Sitters get to watch the pets grow up. Some assist in the training of pets.
· Pet sitters grow incredibly close with the pets in their care and that means the sitter develops a relationship with the clients as well.
· Clients have the sitter’s phone numbers and emails. They know they can rely on their sitters. They put trust in them. ,
· These are somethings that you have to consider when you are going away and having to make a choice.
· Don't worry any longer Walk the Dog Services is there to help you with all of this.